The 15 Most Common Health Concerns for Seniors
The 15 Most Common Health Concerns for Seniors Getting older can bring senior health challenges. By being aware of these common chronic conditions, you can take steps to stave off disease as you
Physical and Emotional Abuse of the Elderly
In both domestic and institutional settings, females are more likely than males to experience elder abuse.16 Males are more likely to abuse males and females are more likely to abuse females.17 Regardless of gender, among older crime victims, more than half have experienced both physical and emotional abuse.18 Among older women who experienced physical abuse, 95 percent also …
Stress in the Elderly
The elderly can share their difficulties and feelings in facing stress, and their way of coping, with those they can confide (e.g. relatives and friends). This helps to ventilate emotions and facilitate the learning of different strategies of coping with stress.
Psychiatric Disorders in the Elderly
· PDF 檔案The Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, Vol 56, No 7, July 2011 W 389 Psychiatric Disorders in the Elderly very rare among the elderly.2,27,55 The reports on GAD are inconsistent. Some report that the frequency of GAD increases with age, at least until age 55
Assessment and Care Planning for the Frail Elderly: A …
Problem areas in the system described here, (which was developed for use with frail elderly clients by the Temple University Institute on Aging,) will mainly relate to difficulties in the Activities of Daily Living (ADL) (eating, dressing, toileting, bathing, grooming
China’s Aging Population Becoming More Of A Problem
· The problem is quantity. China has about a billion more people than Russia. A baby boom under Mao Zedong was followed by 36 years of a one-child policy that created distortions in the economy.
The Dangers of Dehydration in the Elderly — A Hidden …
Despite popular myths about dehydration in the elderly, seniors are one of the groups most negatively impacted by dehydration. Read the article! Dehydration is a common but frequently overlooked problem that affects millions of seniors across the United States.
Financial Crimes Against the Elderly
The Problem of Financial Crimes Against the Elderly This guide addresses the problem of financial crimes against the elderly. It begins by describing the problem and reviewing risk factors. It then identifies a series of questions to help you analyze your local problem.
China’s Treatment of Its Growing Elderly Population
· Housing for the Elderly Since more and more elderly live alone, homes for the elderly aren’t enough to meet their needs. One report found that Beijing’s 289 pension houses could accommodate only 9,924 people or 0.6 percent of the population above age 60.
Caring for the Elderly
· Elderly’s skills improve Elderly labels self as competent 15. Issues Facing the Elderly ABUSE•It can happen in the family•It can happen in nursing homes•It could be physical or psychological (like verbalabuse) – when they are named called or threatened,or taken advantage because of their memoryproblems.•One form is NEGLECT!
Substance Abuse in the Elderly is a Problem
Elderly substance abuse has become a serious problem in the U.S., but it can be reversed and managed with professional addiction treatment and general knowledge about the way drugs and alcohol affect the aging body.
Elderly and Homeless: America’s Next Housing Crisis
· Over the next decade, the number of elderly homeless Americans is projected to triple — and that was before Covid-19 hit. In Phoenix, the crisis has already arrived.
Elderly dependency ratio: Number of persons aged 65 and over per 1,000 persons in the 15-64 age group Elderly (65 and over) living in domestic households with secondary educational attainment and above Percentage of elderly (aged 66 and over) registered to
Constipation in the Elderly
· The elderly are five times more likely than younger adults to develop problems related to constipation. Causes of constipation in the elderly Some of …
12 Best Elderly Balance Exercises For Seniors to Help …
Make sure you check with your doctor if you suspect a more serious balance problem involving vertigo, ear infections, Meniere’s disease, chronic dizziness or drug interactions. If you are working with a senior with poor balance or the frail elderly, make sure they are closely supervised at all times.
Important Facts about Falls
Impact near the hip dominates fracture risk in elderly nursing home residents who fall. Calcif Tissue Int 1993;52:192-198. Parkkari J, Kannus P, Palvanen M, Natri A, Vainio J, Aho H, Vuori I, Järvinen M. Majority of hip fractures occur as a result of a fall and impact on the greater trochanter of the femur: a prospective controlled hip fracture study with 206 consecutive patients.